Shamanism is an ancient art that involves a practitioner to attain and altered state of consciousness in order to interact with the spirit world and channel energies into this world. A shaman is believed to be a person who has access to the world of benevolent and malevolent spirits, who usually enters a trance during ritual, and practices divination or healing.
There are many different beliefs among shamanism, seeing is how it is an umbrella term, however there are many shared beliefs by all forms of shamanism. Common beliefs are:
- Spirits exist and they play important roles in human life.
- The shaman can communicate witht he spirit world.
- Spirits can be benevolent and malevolent.
- The shaman can treat sicknesses caused by malevolent spirits.
- The shaman can induce trances that incite vision quests.
- The shaman's spirit can leave the body and enter the spirit world.
- The shaman can use divination through animal bones, runes or other natural elements.
- ↑ Wikipedia.com - Shamanism
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.