There are many different beliefs among shamanism, seeing is how it is an umbrella term, however there are many shared beliefs by all forms of shamanism. Common beliefs are:
- Spirits exist and they play important roles in human life.
- The shaman can communicate witht he spirit world.
- Spirits can be benevolent and malevolent.
- The shaman can treat sicknesses caused by malevolent spirits.
- The shaman can induce trances that incite vision quests.
- The shaman's spirit can leave the body and enter the spirit world.
- The shaman can use divination through animal bones, runes or other natural elements.
- ↑ Wikipedia.com - Shamanism